Global Head of Cloud Engineering & Platform Services
180-220k Base + Excellent Benefits
Easily recognised around the world as a true financial leader, our client drives markets and sits at the heart of the global financial community. To continue their drive to the cloud, they have an immediate and exciting opening for a Global Head of Cloud Engineering & Platform Services to work closely with the Group CTO.
As Global Head of Cloud Engineering & Platform Services, you will be responsible for:
- Provide the leadership, drive, and focus on the delivery, evolution and development of the strategic public and private cloud platform journey
- Own and set the strategic architectural and technical direction for an Enterprise Cloud First programme
- Own, lead and develop a globally dispersed team of circa 80 staff
- Drive the acceleration, adoption, and migration of applications to the public cloud
- Retire and or decommission data centres across the globe to a cloud-hosted environment
- Own the technical/architectural integrity and strategic roadmap of the Cloud Journey
- Act as a Cloud evangelist, helping people understand the benefits, challenges, and implications of adopting cloud and helping their teams move to cloud.
- Build relationships & collaborate across the client's Architecture community to establish and implement consistent architecture across all Digital platforms
- Work with the Group CISO and the broader IT security teams to improve the security controls
- Understand the vision & articulate it to the team; the 'why', the business case, benefits, context, and any constraints etc.
- Define key features of the desired outcome and own the Product Backlog
- Prioritise the order of delivery to maximise opportunities for learning and early value delivery to the business
- A proven technical background working with related infrastructure technologies
- Proven experience working in a senior technology role e.g., technical / infrastructure/enterprise architect within a public cloud environment ideally with AWS or Azure in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to effect technological and cultural change towards rapid technology adoption and absorption (for example, “automation first” implementations, making base infrastructure and platforms a fabric with which to build upon)
- Exposure and awareness of modern programming languages e.g., Golang, Rust, Java
- Demonstrable understanding of PaaS/ SaaS/ IaaS and use cases and best practices in public cloud
- Proven awareness of the latest developments in today's public cloud industry (AWS / Azure etc.) and related industry benchmark / best practice projects
- Proven track record working in agile environments under a DevOps culture
- Deep understanding of operating systems, network infrastructures, RDMS etc.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code software
- Exposure to automated testing tools
- Knowledge of continuous integration - continuous deployment pipelines
- Recognised proficiency with AWS services (VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB).
- Excellent planning and communication skills and able to lead conversations with development and product teams
- A base salary circa 180-220k
- A full generous benefits package
- Potential bonuses
- A diverse and inclusive culture