Quality Assurance Engineer
Contract – Immediate Start
800-1000 per day
Our firmly established and highly respected digital transformation client specializes in the financial sector. Covering market data, trading, technology, and compliance, they are well-placed to deliver complete solutions for the largest of financial institutions. They now have an immediate need for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to complete a minimum 12-month contract.
As an NYC based Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
- Work with testing lead to implement/update a consistent testing methodology and approach across the organization
- Create a test plan, testing templates and update existing processes and procedures
- Assist in the creation of testing strategy that aligns with the implementation strategy for the overall program
- Prepare and manage runbooks for implementing tested and signed-off configurations to production
- Manage day-to-day operations including managing meetings, overall timelines, understanding project/testing dependencies, and verification of environment stability
- Provide additional automation experience and support for testing tool
- Participate and present in stakeholder and management calls to provide status updates
- Manage vendor participation in testing activities
- Identify the scope of the testing required for different workstreams
- Initiate the Test Planning activities for Test case design
- Monitor test progress by assessing the work assigned to each of the resources and re-balance or re-allocate them as required during test cycles
- Identify potential delays in achieving the schedule and provide leadership
- Prepare any Risk Mitigation plans
- Capital Markets related experience surrounding Asset Mgmt./derivative implementation
- Experience working with Calypso implementation (ideally v14 and above)
- 5-10+ years of work experience in IT testing
- Strong understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle; knowledgeable of various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Software development lifecycle including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Knowledge base within derivative trading/trade lifecycle and financial instruments is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with quality management solutions such as HP Quality Center, Jira, Zephyr, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- A high level of initiative and be a self-starter, solution seeker
- Resourceful and enthusiastic.
- Display a capacity to learn quickly and respond well to changes and opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business and IT leaders
- Strong self-initiation and the ability to work independently
- Highly collaborative team player.
The Certus Recruitment Group is an established and experienced specialist consultancy providing sales, marketing, and IT recruitment services to the business community throughout North America, The UK, Europe, and Australia.