Your personal information may be stored online and therefore we take steps to ensure that our systems are well protected.
The registered office of the above company is at 1 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PN. Our company number is 12619774. We and our group companies, together with the products and services we sell and provide, are regulated by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC - https://www.rec.uk.com/)
So, what personal information do we collect about you?
We process the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact details
• Identification information
• Information about past and current employment
• Education and qualifications
• Information about your lifestyle
We collect the personal information requested on our application forms and contact forms together with any comments or remarks that you may provide in free text fields (such as personal statements) or CVs (where applicable). We may also keep a record of references received from third parties (including those you give us, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies) and of any other correspondence or communication between you and us, whether written, e-mailed, or as a result of visits, interviews or recorded telephone calls.
We also monitor site traffic, and like most websites, we use a Unique Visitor Cookie (which is supplied and managed by a carefully selected statistics provider) to identify your PC by a random number (e.g. #12489). More details about cookies and how you can disable them can be found below.
Making sure your personal data is secure
Whilst we take steps to protect user privacy, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. We therefore do not guarantee the security of personal information that you send to us, or your use of the site. Any personal information you do send is at your own risk but once we receive it we use strict procedures to safeguard it.
How do we use your personal information?
In connection with a contract between you and us or an employer…
We (and any At Certus Recruitment Ltd group company may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to do so to in connection with or anticipation of a contract between you and us (or At Certus Recruitment Ltd group company) or an employer.
• to process your job application and otherwise manage the recruitment process
• help potential employers assess and process your job application;
• help potential employers check and confirm the references that you provide as part of your job application;
• check with any necessary regulatory, industry and/or security authorities relevant to the position that you have applied for;
Our Legitimate Business Interest…
We (and any At Certus Recruitment Ltd group company may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
• help us identify you so we know who we are talking to;
• help prevent and detect fraud or loss;
• to contact you with information about opportunities that you might be interested in from time to time via phone or post;
• assess risk, carry out market research, statistical analysis, test systems, improve the way that we run our recruitment process and your application (including quality assurance) and analyse your application and recruitment history;
• train staff and monitor our services. This may mean that we record our conversations or our correspondence with you to make sure we are providing you with a good service and to make sure we keep to our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where you have provided consent…
We and any At Certus Recruitment Ltd group company may use your personal information where you have consented for us to do so
• to contact you by email or other electronic means about opportunities that you might be interested in from time to time;
• to provide you with job alerts.
This consent can be withdrawn by logging-in to your account on the website and updating your details.
Unless otherwise stated, we will hold data processed through contractual and legitimate interests indefinitely. Data processed via active consent will continue to receive marketing relative to the initial opt-in until we have received a request to unsubscribe/opt-out.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may make your personal information available to agencies and employers who subscribe with us or use our Website, working within the above ways in which we use your data. These clients may then use that information to contact you about specific roles via email, phone or post. Other clients or agencies should not send direct marketing messages by email or SMS to you unless you have consented (opted in) to this.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiary companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If at Certus Recruitment Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of At Certus Recruitment Ltd, our customers, or others.
How can you find out what personal information we hold about you?
You are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time. (If you write to, email or phone us and ask to see this information, it is known as a ‘subject access request’ or ‘SAR’ for short) You can do so by:
• e-mailing us at email@example.com inserting the words ‘Data Request’ in the heading or
• writing to us at Data Request, Certus Recruitment Ltd, 1 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PN
Even if you don’t want a copy of your personal information, you can still contact us to check that the personal information that we hold is accurate or to let us know of any changes to your personal information. We always try to ensure that the information we hold is accurate, up to date and relevant and, as you are applying for a job with us, it is important that we have the right information in order to be able contact you. We'll be more than happy to make changes or to correct any inaccuracies.
You have the following rights when it comes to your data:
• to object to any legitimate business interests processing;
• to withdraw consent (only in respect of any processing which depends on consent);
• to ask for your data to be updated or corrected (where it is inaccurate);
• if we have carried out any automated decision making as part of recruitment practices, contest any such decision and ask for a human intervention;
• ask for the client to stop processing for any reason or exercise their right to be forgotten;
• ask for a copy of their information that they have provided to you electronically (such as their CV) in a portable format;
• complain to the ICO.
External links from our site
From time to time we may include hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and companies outside of our group companies. We do this when there is a particular relevance to the topic you're reading about. Whilst we endeavour to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we unfortunately cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the companies who publish the sites that we link to, nor the integrity of the content contained within them.
We do keep our privacy policies under regular review so please do check each time you use the site. You'll be able to read about any updates on this page - as soon as they happen.
This policy was last updated on Thursday 4th June 2020.